Something is in the air and it isn’t Spring. It’s microorganisms, which can be harmful to your health. Fortunately, Synexis Technology has been developed to combat air contamination and make sure that pathogens are reduced to safe levels.
If you are not a molecular scientist, all of this may sound confusing, so let’s break it down. No matter which industry you’re in, viruses and bacteria can exist undetected in the air and on surfaces for hours. Synexis DHP was designed to safely, continuously, and effectively flow throughout indoor, occupied spaces to fight pathogens in the air and on surfaces.
Using the patented technology, Synexis is the sole developer of the process by which naturally occurring oxygen and humidity are taken from the air to create Dry Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) or DHP. Wherever air goes in a room, so too will DHP to help reduce the presence of viruses, bacteria, mold, odors and insects.
Since it’s a true gas, it flows unaided to every corner of the occupied space, reducing viruses, bacteria, mold, odors, and insects in the air, on surfaces, and the most hard-to-reach places. When Synexis technology is installed, it operates safely, effectively and continuously, requiring maintenance only once per quarter.
How Is DHP Created?
DHP is created from ambient oxygen and humidity already present in the air. The oxygen and humidity flow across a fiber mesh called a sail. The sail creates a photocatalytic reaction (a chemical reaction involving the absorption of light) and is put back together as DHP.
Our DHP molecule has a structure similar to a water molecule. Since all microbes (like viruses and bacteria) require water to live, they meet the DHP molecule in the air and on surfaces and attach themselves. However, unlike water molecules, hydrogen peroxide oxidizes the microbe’s cell membrane and disrupts its chemical structure.
Once attached, DHP breaks down the microbe’s outer cell membrane leading to its destruction. So long microbe!
Liquid hydrogen peroxide must compete with water molecules for access to these points on a microbe’s cell membrane. DHP is effective at lower concentrations because it is in a gaseous state and non-aqueous.
Is DHP Harmful To People?
Hydrogen Peroxide already exists inside human lungs. And the DHP from Synexis flows at levels well below those naturally maintained inside the lungs. DHP is never present at levels that exceed the OSHA limit for hydrogen peroxide in the workplace.
The environmentally-sustainable Synexis system was designed to provide continuous environmental protection without disturbing people’s day-to-day activities.
Where Would Be The Best Locations To Use Synexis?
Some common places Synexis is utilized include retail stores, restaurants, fast food chains, university housing, professional sports facilities, corporate office buildings, hospitals, nursing homes, and film & television production lots.
Synexis DHP flows through indoor spaces attacking these microbes in the air, on surfaces, and in hard-to-reach areas, without interrupting your employees’ workflow.
Here is a list of some of the benefits of using Synexis:
- Influenza Type A: 99.8% reduction after the first 60 minutes
- Norovirus (feline calicivirus surrogate): 99.5% reduction after 2 hours
- Clostridium Difficile: 51% reduction after the first 72 hours
- Escherichia Coli (E. Coli): 99.99% reduction after the first 4 hours
- Enterococcus Faecalis: 98.37% reduction after the first 6 hours
- Listeria Monocytogenes: 97.36% reduction after the first 3 hours
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA): 99.15% reduction after the first 6 hours
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa: 82% reduction after the first 3 hours
- Salmonella Enterica: 99.13% reduction after the first 6 hours
MOLDS & FUNGI
- Vegetative Aspergillus Niger (A. Niger): 86% reduction after the first 6 hours
- Candida Auris: 6.58 log reduction after the first 48 hours
- Cigarette smoke
- Burnt food
- Sweaty socks
- Bleach cleaners
INSECTS – REAL-WORLD CONDITIONS
- Lice & nits: 100% killed over 48 hours
- Mosquitoes: 100% killed over 2 hours
- House flies: 100% killed over 24 hours
- Crickets: 100% killed over 21 hours
- Stink bugs: 100% killed over 24 hours
- Yellow Jackets & nest: 100% killed over 24 hours
INSECTS – LAB TESTS CONDITIONS
- Bedbugs: 100% killed over 60 hours
- Brown dog ticks: 100% killed over 60 hours
- Deer ticks: 100% killed over 60 hours
- Fruit flies: 100% killed over 72 hours
- Termites: 100% killed over 24 hours
- Wolf spiders: 100% killed over 1 hour
- Carpenter ants: 15% killed over 24 hours
- Housefly pupae: 100% killed over 7 days
No matter the size or type of facility, or the constraints of the room, there’s a Synexis device that fits your needs.
The Blade fits in-line with your existing HVAC ductwork, without affecting the system. Capable of being installed in any size duct using adapters, the DHP will flow freely through your entire facility. This model is practical in buildings with HVAC systems that cover the entire area of desired treatment.
The Sphere is a portable option that works for those who seek microbial reduction in a form that adds flexibility, no matter the layout of the space. The Sphere can be installed practically anywhere.
With a rugged steel design, the Sentry is designed for industrial facilities with HVAC systems that are either inaccessible or nonexistent – but still only needs a standard 120VAC/220VAC outlet to get to work.
Depending on the square footage and type of space that needs to be treated, a combination of the Blade, the Sphere and the Sentry devices can be used.
Synexis technology can be used in any indoor space. Wherever air flows, so does the microbe fighting DHP.